HIPPA Compliance/SecurityHIPPA Compliance/Security
JK TECHNOLOGIES believes that patient / client confidentiality is of utmost importance. All client / patient transcription related procedures, voice, and data storage and document management conforms or exceeds HIPAA regulations.
The following is a partial list of the rules and regulations that we strictly adhere to:
- Voice files and data transmissions are transferred over a secure internet connection employing the latest encryption technologies
- JK TECHNOLOGIES has full management control of its transcription facility.
- Medical transcriptionists process dictations and reports on workstations that are connected to our JK TECHNOLOGIES private network. The workstations have no floppy drives, so they cannot download, transmit or print out any information. Any recordable media is strictly prohibited within the facility.
- All JK TECHNOLOGIES employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. A copy of this agreement may be request by the client.
- Our computer systems have active security, monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with automated and real time network intrusion detection.
- Emergency Contingency plans are in effect to facilitate continuity of operations.
- Hard-copy documents related to clients / patients are disposed of with shredding said documents.